Assessing the Impact of our Careers Programme
Careers Education and Guidance at Kisharon Noé includes stand alone, cross curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, as well as individual and small group help and support. Careers education is curriculum pathway specific and personalised to meet our pupils needs. This also applies to the way that their careers progress and understanding is assessed.
- Formalised assessment and external verification from accreditation providers, ASDAN and City and Guilds
- Teacher feedback and annotation in learning journeys, coursework and student folders
- Pupil voice, through feedback sessions with Student Council
- Pupil progress and Pastoral meetings, as well as Adult Transition meetings with school staff, local college staff, our and Social Services
- Planning and recording of achievement for work related learning activities
- Reports from one-to-one meetings with careers personal advisor
- Parent feedback at Parents Evenings, transition events and through parental feedback which is requested for Annual Reviews and Parent Surveys
Kisharon Noé School is committed to fulfilling its statutory duty to secure independent and impartial Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for young people in Years 8-13 under Section 29 of the Education Act 2011 (Section 45A of part VII of the Education Act 1997).
In order to provide quality careers education, Kisharon Noé School works with a range of external agencies, businesses and charities, including:
Kisharon Social Enterprise https://www.kisharon.org.uk/social-enterprise/
Kisharon Volunteer Department https://www.kisharon.org.uk/how-you-can-help/volunteering/
The Careers and Enterprise Company https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/