The new Kisharon building has opened its doors, accommodating more pupils and offering leading-edge facilities.
The Grade II listed building combines modern facilities, including classrooms with height adjustable desks, interactive screens, break-out areas, specialist lighting and a variety of outdoor spaces to meet different needs. Teaching and therapy spaces have ceiling hoist tracking and hygiene rooms tailored to different age groups around the building.
Facilities in the new building include:
• Cutting-edge hydrotherapy pool with light settings and seabed murals
• Sensory stimulation room designed on Snoezellen principles
• Trampoline room for Rebound Therapy
• Environmentally friendly roof garden with vegetable growing area
• Food tech space with adjustable worktop heights and ovens designed for wheelchair users
• Soft play area
• Music therapy room
• Library designed to house 5D virtual reality due 2021