PE SPORTS GRANT
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is a government-backed funding initiative aimed at helping primary schools across England improve their physical education and sport provisions.
The premium is designed to help children get an active start in life, supporting primary schools to improve the quality of their PE, physical activity/literacy, and sport provision so that pupils experience the benefits of regular exercise. This results in pupils becoming healthier both mentally and physically, to improve behaviour and academic achievement.
- The funding aims to achieve improvement in all areas of PE, from the standard of physical education to introducing health focused physical activities and after school sports. The key objectives of the premium are:
- Engage pupils in regular physical and healthy activity
- Raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increase confidence, knowledge, and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Create a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils
- Increase participation in competitive sports
Due to disruption caused by Covid-19 the Department for Education (DfE) has given permission for schools to ‘carry over’ any underspend from the academic year 2019/20 into this year 2020/21.
The PE and Sports Premium grant for 2019/20 was £8000
The PE and Sports Premium grant for 2020/21 is £9000
Download Sports Premium Report